When you’ve a plumbing emergency, you don’t have to get plumbing quotes because you need to have the problem fixed as fast as possible.
Therefore, you will have to pay more due to the urgency of the problem.
However, if you prepare before the plumbing emergency, you may end up paying a competitive rate while still getting fast 24/7 emergency plumber services whenever you need them. When hiring 24/7 emergency plumbers, here is what you need to know:
What services does a 24/7 Emergency Plumber offer?
The following are services you can get from an emergency plumber:
- Locate and assess damages and/or blockages of both pipes and drains using camera equipment
- Detect gas leaks and repair them
- Clean drains with appropriate equipment
- Locate and repair broken sewer pipes
- Locate and repair sections of burst water pipes in your home
Depending with the problem you are having in your home, the plumber may carry out an intensive repair or do a quick fix to remedy the problem before they get back and finish the job. In case you’ve gas or water problems, they may shut off the supplies to your home until they’ve fixed the problem for good.
Normally, an emergency plumber charges a certain fee for their services because they may not be able to assess the problem at hand.
Therefore, you may end up hiring them because you don’t have enough time to compare prices from different plumbers and make a decision.
However, when asking for quotes from emergency plumbers ask:
- If they charge with a set rate or an hourly rate to assess the problem
- If travel time to your home is included in their cost if they charge hourly
- If they charge a higher rate if called on Christmas or any other holiday
- Whether they are qualified and licensed to do gas fitting and plumbing too
- Whether they have a fully equipped van of if they offer limited service
Hiring a full service 24/7 emergency plumber is the best option because they are fully equipped to assess and repair damages that may be in your home. In Addition, with their equipment and skilled personnel, they are likely to arrive fast in your home and do a good job and hence they are reliable.
Although it is better to try fix the problem to prevent damages, if you don’t possess any plumbing skills, it highly advisable to leave the job to the experts to avoid making the problem bigger.
Finally, having your plumbing emergency repaired by a plumber is far much cheaper than leaving the problem unattended.